Reducing Complexity for Mobile Management
Fujitsu’s newly announced Managed Mobile solution is not necessarily only cloud-based. CTO of Fujitsu Asia/Pacific Craig Baty said, “Fujitsu’s Managed Mobile offering can be sold as a standalone service or as an integrated part of an infrastructure outsourcing agreement.
He explained that the recent trend of mobility requires a new enterprise mobility management (EMM) infrastructure. There are several components of mobility management, including mobile device management, mobile app management and mobile security; the number of components and breadth of coverage.
“When deciding to respond to the mobile challenge and reduce complexity, our customers are generally faced with three principle deployment approaches – on premise, Cloud MDM (IaaS/SaaS) and Cloud-based managed service.
“Once, an enterprise has put in place the Managed Mobile solution, the application can be accessed via a Web browser.”
Same-same but Different
Baty explained how their offering is different from the usual mobile device management offerings out there. “Fujitsu’s Managed Mobile offering stands apart from the on-premise and SaaS alternatives in that we :-
– offer an all-in-one global cloud offering that enables customers to efficiently deploy, manage, support, control and secure mobile devices, applications and users
– are pioneering the MDM market by leveraging on new/latest technologies such as cloud
– leverage our leadership position in the cloud and end user services to deliver a fully-managed cloud service to our customers
– remove the investments, costs and risks related to developing a global service management, support and device lifecycle services model to deliver a high quality service
– have ability to automatically configure and provision third party applications and integrate mobile infrastructure to corporate IT to reduce admin and support effort
You must be logged in to post a comment.
There are no commentsAdd yours