Huawei Bets on ’Shining Star’ to Ramp Up its Developer Program
Huawei has announced a new developer engagement program, dubbed ‘Shining-Star’, whereby the Chinese mobile leader has invested USD1billion in resources to provide comprehensive support for developers.
‘Shining Star’, revealed during the recent HUAWEI Developer Conference 2019 (HDC 2019), endeavours to create a smart mobile service innovation ecosystem, helping partners to create digital innovation in complete scenarios, encouraging developers to access Huawei’s open capabilities and services, and promoting developers’ services in the marketing segment.
’Shining Star’ is launched with the hope that more developers will develop more intelligent mobile services and solutions on the HMS, and effectively also drive Huawei’s increasing dominance in the world’s Android-based market segment, by producing more mobile applications to meet the expanding variety of 5G mobile services to end users.
Other milestone success for HMS that was announced during the HDC 2019 include:
- In-App Purchase (IAP) now available in more than 140 countries
- The HUAWEI AppGallery generates 1 Billion+ apps downloads outside of China
- Outside of the Chinese market, over 280 Million Themes are being downloaded each year
- The HUAWEI Browser has reached 100% MoM growth since its launch outside of China in March 2019
- HUAWEI Video will open its WiseVideo capability for content partners to provide optimised video experience for users
- HUAWEI Music and Assistant will start its global roll-out from 2019 with top partners