BlackBerry Launches Software Licensing Program For Its Mobility Solutions Business[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
BlackBerry delivering on its smartphone software strategy, BlackBerry Hub+ gives Android users the quintessential BlackBerry productivity experience
BlackBerry Limited, a global leader in secure mobile communications, announced the launch of a software licensing program for its Mobility Solutions business by introducing the BlackBerry® Hub+ for Android. A suite of BlackBerry applications, BlackBerry Hub+ makes productivity and communication on Android 6.0 Marshmallow smartphones effortless.
BlackBerry’s Mobility Solutions unit manages the BlackBerry smartphone business and development of device software offerings that includes maximizing the best of BlackBerry 10 software features and making them accessible on other platforms.
“An important initiative of the Mobility Solutions unit is a software strategy that combines BlackBerry’s strength in security, engineering savvy and device experience. The result – the ability to extend the best of BlackBerry’s secure communications and productivity features to any Android M consumer, enterprise or government customer,” said Ralph Pini, Chief Operating Officer and General Manager, Mobility Solutions, BlackBerry. “Our customers have always raved about the unique experience of our proprietary productivity apps such as the BlackBerry Hub, calendar and contacts, amongst others. I’m excited that we’re now able to offer these amazing features to all Android users that demand the most out of their smartphones.”
The Best of BlackBerry…on Android
BlackBerry Hub+ for Android is a suite of applications that includes the BlackBerry Hub, calendar, contacts, notes, tasks, device search, launcher and password keeper applications for Android smartphones.
Users can download a free trial from Google Play and access BlackBerry Hub+ from any Android device running 6.0 Marshmallow. The trial includes a suite of applications, including the BlackBerry Hub, calendar and password keeper. After a 30-day trial, users can continue using the apps for free with an ad-based experience, or subscribe to the entire suite of apps for 99 cents a month, which will include additional features: contacts, tasks, device search, notes and launcher. Additionally, users can choose to download the full suite from Google Play or just pick their favorite apps.
For users on BlackBerry® 10, PRIVTM and DTEK50TM, all of these apps come fully integrated for a seamless out of the box experience.
Key features of the BlackBerry Hub+ include:
- Hub: A unified inbox that allows you to:
- compose email messages and social posts
- respond directly to messages and calendar invitations
- snooze items so that you can view them at a later date, time or location
- quickly select recipients for email messages using suggested contacts
- file email messages and manage all your folders
- search for messages or contacts saved directly on your device or on the email server
- Calendar: View and respond to meeting invitations directly from the BlackBerry Hub. When you create or change events, you can avoid double bookings by viewing when you’re busy. Using the “Join Now” feature, you can instantly dial into your meetings directly from your event reminder. And with Google Now™ voice commands, booking meetings has never been easier.
- Password Keeper: Stores all your passwords, log in information and important records safe in one highly secure spot that is encrypted with a password of your choice.
- Contacts: Stores all your contact info in one location for convenient management. You can interact with your contacts using a variety of methods such as phone calls, text and email messages, or calendar events directly from the Contacts app. You can also create and manage contact groups.
- Tasks: Increase your efficiency at work by creating tasks, setting due dates and reminders to help you stay focused and meet your deadlines.
- Device Search: Easily find a contact, a meeting, a file, an email, a song by searching in one universal search bar.
- Notes: Keep track of to-do lists or your bucket list, notes for a presentation, action items from a meeting, gift ideas for your family or groceries you need to pick up after work.
- Launcher: Turn multi-step actions like sending an email or calling a friend into a one-click task. BlackBerry Launcher lets you organize apps, widgets and shortcuts on customized home screen panels for instant access.
For more information on BlackBerry Hub+, go to BlackBerry.com. Follow all updates to BlackBerry Hub+ on the Inside BlackBerry blog here.
BlackBerry is securing a connected world, delivering innovative solutions across the entire mobile ecosystem and beyond. We secure the world’s most sensitive data across all end points – from cars to smartphones – making the mobile-first enterprise vision a reality. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The Company trades under the ticker symbols “BB” on the Toronto Stock Exchange and “BBRY” on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit www.BlackBerry.com.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]