Adobe CS6 Release Delivers Major Innovations For Design, Web and Video
Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) announced the ultimate toolkit for design, web and video professionals with the unveiling of Adobe® Creative Suite® 6 product line. Powerful new releases of 14 CS6 applications and four Creative Suites – Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium, Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard, Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium; and Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection – drive home Adobe’s continued innovation across creative markets.
“Designers get a ton of innovation with CS6 with milestone release across all our flagship products,” said David Wadhwani, senior vice president, Digital Media at Adobe. “With CS6 we’re also introducing new products, new mobile workflows and advanced publishing capabilities that show we are laser-focused on ensuring design, web and video pros have everything they need for the delivery of high-impact content and apps.”
The release is particularly significant for the large creative and multimedia community in Malaysia, where more than 200 creative companies are registered in MSC Malaysia. These companies are engaged in developing a diverse range of content and services from production to telecommunication including new media such as mobile applications and social media. According to the Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC), investment and foreign direct investment (FDI) for Creative Multimedia in 2012 is projected to achieve over RM230 million, a significant increase from RM110 million projected in 2011.
“Adobe’s vision is to change the world through digital experiences. This release builds on our reputation as a software innovator by empowering Malaysia creatives with the unprecedented ability to bring their vision to life and manage how and where it is delivered to the end audience – whether on smartphones, tablets, the desktop or through traditional media,” said Mark Phibbs, Senior Director Marketing, Adobe Systems, Asia Pacific. “Adobe is a world leading provider of HTML tools, enabling designers to work efficiently and effectively, creating across devices and platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows Mobile or Symbian.”
Major CS Upgrades and All-New Muse Anchor Landmark Launch for Designers
The performance and workflow enhancements in Adobe Photoshop CS6 (see separate press release), InDesign CS6 and Illustrator CS6 will result in significant time savings for print, web and mobile projects.
- In Photoshop CS6, designers will experience incredible performance, powered by the Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine, enabling near instant results from essential editing tools, including Liquify, Puppet Warp, Transform and Lighting Effects.
- Adobe has built on Photoshop’s breakthrough Content-Aware capabilities with advanced new Content-Aware Patch and Content-Aware Move features.
- Illustrator CS6 debuts a revamped modern interface and features include a new Image Tracing Engine, Pattern Creation and Gradient Strokes. The Mercury performance system delivers speed and stability, including 64-bit support for Mac OS and Windows.
- InDesign CS6 continues to blaze a trail in publishing, streamlining the creation of multiple layouts from a single set of content with new Adaptive Design Tools – Alternate Layout, Liquid Layout, Content Collector Tools and Linked Content.
- A brand new application, Adobe Muse, a radical new tool that enables designers to create and publish HTML5 web sites without writing code, was also announced today.
Adobe Doubles-Down on HTML5 Tooling for Web Professionals
Innovative new workflows and capabilities across Adobe tools simplify the creative process for today’s web designers, developers and interactive professionals.
- Web pros can conveniently integrate HTML5 animations, created with Adobe Edge Preview, into their Dreamweaver projects, driving home Adobe’s leadership in tooling for the HTML5 web standard.
- Dreamweaver CS6 addresses the challenge of responsive web designs with the ability to build fluid grid layouts replacing the tedious manual process of creating and configuring separate CSS-based interfaces for phone, tablet and desktop.
- Through direct integration with Adobe’s recently announced PhoneGap Build service, Dreamweaver CS6 helps round out a Web professional’s skillset and enables them to produce native mobile applications for multiple platforms.
- Flash Professional CS6 users can easily translate and transition their skills to HTML5 using the Flash Professional Toolkit for CreateJS. Flash Professional CS6 also helps designers to create exciting and impactful gaming experiences and advancements include the ability to generate sprite sheets that improve workflows and performance.
- Pre-built native extensions and new packaging options, leveraging the latest Adobe Flash Player and AIR runtimes, help expand and ease app delivery to Android and iOS devices.
Adobe also today launched Adobe Creative Cloud in selected countries, a radical new way of providing tools and services that will change the game for creatives worldwide by providing a hub for making, sharing, and delivering creative work.
“The urge to be creative is ubiquitous, and harnessing the creative spark, in everybody from school children to creative pros, has never been more important“, said Shantanu Narayen, CEO at Adobe. “Everyone has the potential to create, and wherever, whenever inspiration strikes, Adobe will be there to help capture, refine and publish your ideas.”
Pricing and Availability
Adobe Creative Suite 6 products are scheduled to be available within 30 days and can be pre-ordered now. They will be available through Adobe Authorised Resellers and the Adobe.com Southeast Asia store at http://shop.adobe.com/sea/. Adobe Store prices for the Creative Suite products are expected to be RM9,491 for CS6 Master Collection, RM6,936 for CS6 Design & Web Premium, RM4,746 for CS6 Design Standard, and RM6,936 for CS6 Production Premium. Upgrade pricing and volume licensing are available. Pricing does not include local taxes and may be subjected to currency fluctuations.
Education pricing for students, faculty and staff in K-12 and higher education is available from Adobe Authorized Education Resellers. For more information regarding education volume licensing for higher education and K-12 institutions please visit: http://www.adobe.com/sea/education.html.
For more detailed information about features, OS support, upgrade policies, pricing and international versions please visit: http://www.adobe.com/sea/products/creativesuite.html.
The Adobe Southeast Asia community can connect with the Adobe team and other creative professionals and enthusiasts directly on Facebook for local news, updates and promotions at http://www.facebook.com/AdobeSEA.