RSA APJ 2015 kick off in Singapore
RSA® Conference, the world’s leading information security conference and exposition, returned to Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, from 22 – 24 July, for the third annual RSA Conference Asia Pacific & Japan.
A record number of more than 4900 registrants, a 50 percent increase from 2014, experienced in excess of 60 track sessions, keynotes and tutorials, which featured more than 90 speakers. The track sessions were split across seven tracks: Cloud and Data Security, Cybercrime and Law Enforcement, Governance and Risk Management, Mobile Security, Security Infrastructure, Threats and Threat Actors, and Sponsor Special Topics.
The Conference also saw more than 90 exhibitors and sponsors in the Exhibition — an increase of 35 percent over 2014. Participating companies included Check Point, Cisco, Ernst & Young, MTech, Qualys, Tenable and RSA who showcased the latest technologies designed to secure and protect organizations against cyber threats.
RSA Conference APJ 2015 highlights included:
- Opening Keynote by RSA President Amit Yoran, addressed bolstering cyber defense in Asia and beyond
- Closing Keynote presented by Kailash Satyarthi, a Children’s Rights Advocate and an Activist against child labor, who won the Nobel Peace Prize for his work in 2014
- Guest keynote speaker Zak Ebrahim, Author of The Terrorist’s Son: A Story of Choice, Nonviolence Advocate and Lecturer
- SODA was named the “Most Innovative Start Up” at Innovation Sandbox, an event designed to promote regional innovation and provide startups with a platform to showcase the world-class cybersecurity solutions the region has to offer
- RSA Conference Cyber Safety: Kids initiative that was brought to Asia for the first time after a tremendous success at RSA Conference in San Francisco, to provide guidance to Conference delegates on promoting safety online in their local communities
- A Business Panel Session: The Asian Opportunity for Cybersecurity with panelists including:
- Dr Hugh Thompson (Program Committee Chairman, RSA Conference)
- Zulfikar Ramzan (Chief Technology Officer, RSA)
- Dr Tobias Feakin (Senior Analyst and Director, International Cyber Policy Centre, Australian Strategic Policy Institute)
- Paul O’Rourke (Asia Pacific Cyber Security Leader, Ernst & Young)
Vincent Goh, Vice President, Asia Pacific & Japan, RSA
Asia Pacific’s rapid adoption of technology and mobility makes organizations across the region especially attractive to criminals and hackers. Businesses need a platform where they can discuss the information security industry landscape and define strategies to address rapidly evolving cyber threats. RSA Conference Asia Pacific & Japan provides this platform for the information security community and we’re proud to host our event in Singapore.
Linda Gray, General Manager, RSA Conference
RSA Conference Asia Pacific & Japan has seen an incredible 50 percent increase in registrants and 35 percent rise in exhibitors and sponsors since 2014, proof that companies, governments and other organizations in Asia Pacific have come to recognize that cybersecurity has to be a priority.
Paul O’Rourke, Asia Pacific Cybersecurity Leader, Ernst & Young
With the ubiquity of digital and Internet of Things (IoT), cyber risks and security management must become a business imperative. Organizations are increasingly recognizing that cyber security and its risks are more than an IT issue; it’s an enterprise-wide issue that impacts the business, reputation, stakeholder relationships and even share prices. RSA Conference Asia Pacific & Japan has provided a good opportunity for both private and public sector organizations to improve their understanding of cyber security and other global technological trends, so as to better assess their security positions and risk profiles, and plan their coverage.
John Ellis, Chief Strategist, Cybersecurity, Akamai Technologies
RSA Conference Asia Pacific & Japan provides a great opportunity to bring industry leaders and businesses together to get a common understanding on the latest challenges that we face in cybersecurity. For Akamai, it provides an ideal platform for the company to showcase our capabilities and enforce the best solutions to address the security issues that business leaders are facing.
RSA Conference is expanding to Abu Dhabi and will take place from 4 to 5 November, 2015 at the Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi while RSA Conference 2016 will take place from 29 February to 4 March 2016, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. RSA Conference Asia Pacific & Japan 2016 will take place from 20-22 July.
About RSA Conference
RSA® Conference is the premier series of global events where the world talks security and leadership gathers, advances and emerges. Whether attending in the U.S., the EMEA region, or the Asia-Pacific region, RSA Conference events are where the security industry converges to discuss current and future concerns and get access to the people, content and ideas that help enable individuals and companies to win, grow and do their best. It is the ultimate marketplace for the latest technologies and hands-on educational opportunities that help industry professionals discover how to make their companies more secure while showcasing the most enterprising, influential and thought-provoking thinkers and leaders in security today. For information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry visit www.rsaconference.com.