Progress Accelerates Innovation During First Half of 2015
Progress announced major product advancements and the closing of a number of significant new deals with Intuit and GT Nexus among others, fueling strong momentum as it enters the second half of 2015. With net-new customers, major releases across its portfolio and industry recognition from Gartner, the CODiEs and the Stevies, the Progress reputation for innovation and customer satisfaction is reaching new heights.
“Our mission to be the preferred destination for developers and bridge the divide between developers and business users is helping drive performance and results,” said Phil Pead, President and CEO, Progress. “With one of the largest developer communities in our industry and a suite of strategic solutions that offers unrivaled choice and flexibility, we continue to build momentum by elevating product innovation and doubling down on customer success.”
Three New Products Launched and Seven Major Updates
With a history of providing the most reliable, innovative tools and technologies across the industries it serves, Progress product development continues to thrive. During the first half of 2015 alone, the company has release updates to seven products and solutions, including Corticon® 5.5, DataDirect® Drivers for MongoDB and SparkSQL, Modulus™, Telerik® Test Studio®, Telerik® Kendo UI®, Telerik® Sitefinity® and Telerik® Platform, Enterprise Edition. These releases further ensure customers have the tools and technology necessary to develop, iterate and deploy quickly and effectively to drive business results.
In addition to advancements within the current portfolio, Progress released three new products:
- Telerik® Sitefinity® Digital Experience Cloud (DEC) — a unified marketing command center that drives the understanding and optimization of the customer journey across devices and digital channels
- Progress® OpenEdge® 360Analytics – a new custom analytics platform built in conjunction with Logi Analytics to help customers unlock the value of operational data
Major Deals Closed and Strong Pipeline
Progress works with a wealth of businesses—more than 450 of the Fortune 500, 140,000 customers and ISVs in 180 countries and a developer community of 1.7M. In the first half of 2015, Progress gained significant momentum in the customer realm, expanding current long-standing relationships and securing net-new customers. Progress closed deals with companies including, but not limited to, Brocacef, CoffingDW, Generations Federal Credit Union, GT Nexus, Hamilton Island Resorts, Intuit, Kingslake, KiZAN, Pacer Group, Panintelligence, State of Oregon Health Authority and the Texas Teachers Retirement System.
“Our relationship with Progress has enabled us to establish ourselves as a thought leader, keep abreast of the competition, as well as keep up with technology. We would not be where we are today without Progress.” – Angela Margolit, President, Bluebird Auto Rental Systems.
Strong First Half for APJ
The global success of Progress in its first half of 2015 is mirrored in Asia Pacific, most recently recording a strong second quarter performance. Asia Pacific performed particularly well, registering US$6 million in revenue in Q2, a year-on-year increase of 25% driven by strong sales of the OpenEdge license to both ISVs and direct end users.
The positive momentum in this region was also echoed at the Progress APJ Spark Conference in April 2015, where businesses were registering a strong interest in the strengthened portfolio. Bringing to the table an end-to-end application development solution, Progress is delivering the necessary solutions and tools to customers within this region to drive their businesses forward.
Significant Industry Recognition
Progress was pleased to be included as a “Visionary” in the 2015 Gartner MQ for Enterprise Application Platform as a Service (aPaaS) for a second consecutive year. In addition to this acknowledgement, Progress received more than a dozen industry awards and recognitions in the first half of 2015. These honors are a direct reflection of the efforts of the Progress employee base, leadership team, its customers and partners and their collective effort to drive the industry forward. Progress has been acknowledged with company, personnel and product awards including:
- Boston Business Journal, Largest Public Companies List
- HubSpot, Brilliant Website Design: Telerik
- Forbes Bulgaria Awards, Quality of Products, Overall Company, Deal of the Year and Corporate Website: Telerik
- Tech.eu M&A Report, Q4 2014: Progress acquisition of Telerik
- Invest Bulgaria Awards, Investment in Acquisition/Merger: Progress acquisition of Telerik
- BG Web Awards, Website of the Year and First Place UX and Usability: Telerik
- Women World Awards, Women in Business, Female Executive of the Year “Gold Winner”: Karen Tegan Padir, President, AppDev
- Novinite.com, Personality in the News: Vasil Terziev, Chief Innovation Officer and Svetozar Georgiev, Senior Vice President, AppDev
- The CODiE Awards, Best Mobile Development Solution: Telerik Platform
- EContent Trend Setting Products: Telerik Test Studio and Telerik Sitefinity Digital Experience Cloud
- CMS Critic Annual Awards, Best Enterprise .NET CMS: Telerik Sitefinity
- Bulgarian IT Association, Mobile Solution: Telerik Platform
- American Business Awards (Stevies), Finalists Product of the Year: Telerik Platform and Telerik Sitefinity
- SD Times 100 – Database and Database Management
For more information, Progress released its second quarter earnings announcement on July 1, 2015. The press release can be found by visiting http://investors.progress.com/.
Read the Progress blog
Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) is a global software company that simplifies the development, deployment and management of business applications on-premise or in the cloud, on any platform or device, to any data source, with enhanced performance, minimal IT complexity and low total cost of ownership. Progress can be reached at www.progress.com or 1-781-280-4000.