Celcom’s M2M Connected Services is expected to provide fast plan development and easy customisation while giving Celcom’s customers and partners more control of their deployed devices. Customers stand to enjoy near real-time billing, self-service activation and deactivation, usage threshold management, and added monitoring features. The new architecture will also enable efficient management of usage and costs through features such as alarm triggers for airtime over-usage, preventing “bill shock” and allowing customers to manage their businesses better for reduced network expenses and greater visibility into their subscriptions.
En. Jefri Ahmad Tambi, Chief Business Solutions Officer of Celcom Axiata Berhad, said, “As a pioneer and leader in M2M services, we are evolving our services as the market matures with changing requirements. This new platform will offer an enhanced customer experience moving into the future including the flexibility and control of self-service as well as enabling us to meet customised requirements in a very short time.”
“We are proud to partner with nTels who is a leader in convergent services in Korea and who have already been recognised worldwide with numerous clients, partners and awards. This partnership will help Celcom forge new markets and introduce more integrated business solutions for the benefits of our new and existing customers,” En. Jefri added.
The signing took place today at the Mobile & Wireless Technology 2013 trade show at Putra World Trade Centre between En. Bassaharil Mohd Yusop, Senior Vice President of Business Development & Support Management for Celcom Axiata Berhad, and Mr. Lee Sang Yun, Senior Vice President of nTels Co. Ltd. The signing was witnessed by En. Jefri and. Capt. Jin-Yong Lee, Defence Attaché of the Embassy of the Republic of Korea;
Under the agreement, nTels will provide the N-PLMS, N-Rater, N-Billing, and Self-Care Web Portal components as part of the integrated M2M Connected Services system architecture. The platform will be fully hosted in Celcom’s data centres and connected via Celcom’s nationwide mobile network, allowing customers to customise security access through their M2M SIM (subscriber identity module) devices within a secure private network without needing to connect via the internet.
Mr. Lee Sang Yun commented, “Machines have been widely believed to be the next subscribers of the telecommunication service after human subscribers, and we share that belief. We are very eager to extend our knowledge and experience in convergence services to develop the M2M business together with Celcom as the next wave for growth in the telecommunication industry in Malaysia as the key step toward wider contribution towards industry growth in the region.”
Celcom’s M2M Connected Services is expected to be rolled-out and available to customers by June with all current Celcom M2M accounts migrated from existing billing systems to this dedicated platform. Current business solutions which stand to benefit from this platform include:
- Credit card POS (point-of-sales) – Banks and businesses will be able to monitor the data usage and SIM status of their mobile credit card POS readers to avoid over data usage
- Remote Meter Reading for Utilities – Electricity and water supply service providers are able to send and receive billing information remotely and in real time via mobile readers
- Wireless ATM (automated teller machine) – With M2M wireless connectivity, banking institutions will be able to install and monitor ATMs anywhere in Malaysia through Celcom’s widest nationwide mobile network with secure connections
- SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) – Industrial operators can monitor the status of for the failure of components e.g. power generators, engines or motors to detect or anticipate failures that can cause disruptions in output and supply
- Wireless CCTV (closed-circuit television) – Subscribers can monitor live video feeds on-the-go via a dedicated cloud network
- Fleet Management – M2M Connected Services can integrate vehicle monitoring, tracking, theft prevention, diagnostics, and route efficiency through a system accessible even from mobile devices
As Platinum Sponsor of the Mobile & Wireless Technology trade fair, Celcom also showcased its Celcom First Solutions which will take full advantage of M2M Connected Services including Fleet Tracker, a GPS-based fleet management and tracking service; PortaBiz on SAP Mobility that provides access to enterprise resource planning channels and reports via the SAP business suite; VirtuExtTM – a Virtual PABX and wireless telephony solution; and Biz Web Builder, an all-in-one solution that allows business owners to build and manage their own websites.