Network and Security Convergence Is the New Imperative for Service Providers
Juniper Network, a leader in secure, AI-driven networks, announced the findings of an Asia Pacific (APAC) report stating that service providers face significant security and capacity challenges that cannot be addressed with traditional standalone approach. The report’s findings revealed that while increasing overall security capacity with new hardware investment is an option for some, security budgets for most service providers are expected to be constrained.
Furthermore, massive increases in traffic for business and consumer applications are forcing service providers around the APAC region to rethink how they architect networks and deploy security for them at scale. As a result, service providers are looking for ways to create meaningful integrations in networking and security that will deploy effective security at scale while decreasing investments in expensive new hardware. This approach will require deeper integration within the organization.
Juniper Networks has commissioned the study from independent research firm Omdia which surveyed a panel of qualified APAC-based networking and security decision makers across 77 communications service providers.
Top highlights from the study include:
- 68% of the respondents in this study said they have seen a moderate to significant growth in the volume of threats in the last yea. While 52% of respondents plan to double security capacity, only 10% of respondents are expecting a significant increase (over 10%) in their budget for security technology.
- 73% of respondents are looking to increase security capacity in response to network traffic and architecture.
- 68% of the respondents said that their security architecture is already changing or that changes will be made in the next 18 months. Only 8% said they had no plan to change, and in some cases that was because they are ahead of the curve and have already rearchitected security.
- 91% of respondents assume they will leverage integrated networking or security solutions.
- 43% of the respondents are looking for a single vendor with integrated solutions. The promise of integrated solutions has accelerated internal team integration with 36% already operating a combined organization.
(This content is surmised from a press release)