Maxis introduces best-in-class IoT solutions to create smarter businesses
Maxis announced today that it will offer Vodafone’s world leading Internet of Things (IoT) services to businesses. The agreement means Maxis can now offer enterprises best in class IoT solutions to optimise costs, improve operational efficiency, create more value and ultimately deliver a better customer experience.
By pairing its local market knowledge and leading high speed data network with Vodafone’s expertise and market leading platform, Maxis will be able to deliver the necessary technology required for businesses in Malaysia looking to implement IoT services in their operations.
The IoT, which is about connecting devices over the internet, allowing them talk to us and each other by sending and receiving data, is drastically changing the way we live and work. With 25 billion connected devices predicted by 20201, the powerful combination of sensors and connectivity is propelling IoT from a mere ‘trend’ into the next industrial revolution.
“The exponential growth of data and how people use them has had a huge impact on how businesses operate. Through our agreement with Vodafone, which brings with it a global standard of service, unrivalled IoT experience and highly ranked by analysts, we are equipping businesses in Malaysia with more than just connectivity through our advanced data network, but a suite of IoT solutions to digitalise and transform their operations. This is a milestone in our drive towards new ways of working and digitalisation for enterprises,” said Shanti Jusnita Johari, Maxis Head of Enterprise Marketing & Products.
“The Internet of Things is changing businesses around the world. Maxis is the latest operator to combine its capabilities with our IoT expertise forming a compelling combination for Malaysian companies,” said Justin Nelson, Vodafone IoT Sales Head, APAC
Importantly, these Maxis-powered solutions address key challenges in the market with the following benefits:
- Fit-for-purpose – Our solutions have been specifically designed for IoT and can easily integrate into existing systems.
- Worry Free – No one wants to be restricted when they do business. With our advanced data network and IoT platform, customers enjoy a seamless experience across Malaysia and neighbouring countries.
- Secure – Security is always a key concern as businesses increase their dependency on technology. Not least that all information stays secure. Our IoT solutions are designed with multiple layers of security between IoT devices and applications.
- Scalable – With the number of connected devices and data speeds constantly increasing, choosing a future proof IoT provider is critical.
Today, a watch can track your fitness routine and send data to your doctor so they can prescribe the best medication for you, and you could remotely control your home appliances from across the world. IoT is also transforming the way businesses operate. Sensors in manufacturing equipment, for example, can monitor and send alerts when parts need maintenance, then automatically send reports to business owners. In construction, wireless sensors embedded in concrete foundation piles can ensure the quality and integrity of a structure.
While consumer applications like fitness monitors and smart homes attract the most attention and can create significant value, the B2B opportunity is expected to generate nearly 70% of potential value enabled by IoT.2
In a media experiential event today, Maxis demonstrated the vast opportunities in business by showcasing the Internet of Things in key sectors like automotive, retail, logistics, banking and financial, smart cities and manufacturing. So for example by embedding a global IoT SIM into an intelligent device that interacts with sensors in your car, you have instant access to the health and performance of the vehicle. And in manufacturing, predictive maintenance can be enabled by embedding connectivity into key machinery.
To find out more about Maxis’ IoT solutions, please visit www.maxis.com.my/iot.
– End –
- The Internet of Things is the network of physical devices, vehicles, buildings and other items embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators, and network connectivity that enable these objects to collect and exchange data (Source: Internet of Things Global Standards Initiative, ITU)
- The IoT allows objects to be sensed and controlled remotely across existing data networks, creating opportunities for more direct integration of the physical world into computer-based systems, and resulting in improved efficiency, accuracy and economic benefit
- M2M refers to communication between devices and appliances via the Internet of Things, allowing businesses to redefine their operational efficiency and reduce cost.
About Maxis Berhad
We are the leading communications and internet service provider in Malaysia, enabling over 13 million individuals, families and businesses to do more in an Always On world. As our customers increasingly immerse themselves in an ever expanding universe of connected applications, we are obsessed with providing an unmatched end-to-end internet experience – bringing together advanced always on connectivity and always great tech care. Beyond connecting people with our services, we are passionate about leveraging new technologies to make a positive impact in the community in which we operate. For more information, please visit: maxis.com.my
About Vodafone Group
Vodafone is one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies and provides a range of services including voice, messaging, data and fixed communications. Vodafone has mobile operations in 26 countries, partners with mobile networks in 56 more, and fixed broadband operations in 17 markets. As of 30 June 2016, Vodafone had 465 million mobile customers and 13.7 million fixed broadband customers. For more information, please visit: www.vodafone.com.