Crowdstrike appoints new Asia MD
Crowdstrike Asia has a new managing director, Jagdish Mahapatra, who joins from McAfee and had spent over 10 years with Cisco.
Jagdish shared, “The security market has changed and I’m excited to work with the company leading the charge and setting the new standard for endpoint protection. CrowdStrike’s incredible global growth demonstrates that the market is ready for a cloud-native approach to endpoint security that is far more effective and efficient in stopping breaches. India and SAARC are a strategic growth market for CrowdStrike and I’m looking forward to driving continued momentum in this region.”
A quick FAQ to Crowdstrike also yields this list of facts about Jagdish and the MD role, which he officially assumed on 28th August 2018.
EITN: Is this a newly created role at CrowdStrike? Can you share the top 3 responsibilities you have in this role?
- Responsible for expanding the security vendor’s customer base across ASIA (comprising South East Asia, India, Taiwan and Hong Kong).
- Work closely with CrowdStrike’s Innovation Centre in Pune which supports CrowdStrike’s business globally.
- Build out the channel ecosystem of systems integrators across ASIA
EITN: What do your past experiences bring to the table for your new role at CrowdStrike?
I have over twenty-five years industry experience, across senior roles and leading companies. Before joining CrowdStrike, I spent 7 years at McAfee, where I was the Channel Chief for over two and half years and earlier as Managing Director for India and SAARC. I will be continuing the expansion of the Crowdstrike organisation across Asia.
EITN: What are the top 3 goals you have set for yourself at your new organisation?
- Build and Grow a Sustainable Business across Southeast Asia, India and North Asia.
- Engage with Government, Banks and Enterprises to help them be ready with future threats with CrowdStrike’s unique Architecture.
- Build a strong ecosystem of partners and alliances for the region to help customers get more value from the Falcon Platform.
EITN: What are the top 3 cybersecurity trends you see for Malaysia and Asia right now?
- Involving the C-Suite and the Board of Directors (BoD) in cyber readiness
- Investing in artificial intelligence (AI) effectively – separating fact from fiction
- Preparing for emerging attack vectors, for example supply chain attacks
EITN: How will you address/leverage these trends?
By expanding the capabilities of the CrowdStrike Falcon platform through the addition of new cloud-native modules to provide customers with a comprehensive solution.
- Offering customers a complete solution – technology, services, and intelligence for a strategic approach to cybersecurity
- Enabling a totality of response all into one product – next-gen AV, EDR, and managed hunting, paired with automated threat intelligence and cyber hygiene.
EITN: What kind of a market is Malaysia for you, and how will you address the Malaysian market in terms of business expansion and go-to-market?
Malaysia is ranked third among 193 countries in terms of its commitment to cybersecurity, according to the Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI) 2017.
We will look to address the market by engaging our Malaysian Partners and expanding our business.
EITN: What do you foresee for the industry in Malaysia and/or Asia on the whole, for the next 3 years?
The investment, expansion and increased demand for robust cybersecurity throughout ASIA validates CrowdStrike’s dedication in delivering cloud-based next-generation endpoint protection.